Monday, November 15, 2010

Mystery tea?

A few months ago we were gifted two lovely tins of green tea from friends that visited Japan. I've been drinking both teas for awhile now, but I am not completely sure what one of them is. It's definitely a green tea, but is it hojicha? It has a smooth roasted green tea flavor, very similar to what you'd find in hojicha. It is quite refreshing and soothing. My only confusion is in the tea itself. There are definitely leaves of green tea, but also something that looks like twigs, or stems. Does this look like hojicha? Or could it be kukicha? I've never had kukicha, so I can't make a judgement call. But googling pictures of kukicha causes me to wonder. It looks similar to what I have, although I haven't seen as many actual tea leaves in the pictures I've seen. If anyone can help out, please let me know! I'd love to know what I'm drinking. Help me solve the mystery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment